Kartonist.de
Register Calendar Search Frequently Asked Questions

Kartonist.de » Luftfahrt » Bauberichte- Luftfahrt » Ju-87 R2 Stuka - KW - 1:33 : Goroda-san Flies (or Tries) Again » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ju-87 R2 Stuka - KW - 1:33 : Goroda-san Flies (or Tries) Again
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Goroda-san Goroda-san is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 07.07.2011
Herkunft: Prague, CZ

Baubericht / Relacja Ju-87 R2 Stuka - KW - 1:33 : Goroda-san Flies (or Tries) Again Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

Even before the untimely end of my work on the Shiden-kai, I had been thinking about what my next aircraft model would be. At first I thought it would be Halinski's Mustang III, but then they released their Tomahawk, one of my favorite aircraft.

Upon trying to order the Tomahawk from Halinski, I was turned off by their dual pricing policy, so I began to look elsewhere. The P-39 D by KW "Cartoon" Model (KW stands for the designer, Waldemar Kalinowski) caught my eye, and after seeing some finished examples of it on various forums, it was the frontrunner.

I looked at the KW website and saw that a Stuka was also in the offing, and it too looked good.

I ordered two copies of both models plus one copy each of the laser-cut frames from Orlik. There are instrument panel pieces available on photographic paper for both models, but Orlik didn't have them, so I got them from Draf Model, which also sells the KW models.

So, upon receiving both models, I began do tests with my watercolors and colored pencils to see what the best colors were for doing the edges. I had more success with the Stuka colors, so here we are.

As you can see from the cover, one of two versions, B2 or R2, can be made. The B2 is an Eastern Front aircraft and the R2 is a North African plane. It was not an easy choice, but in the end I decided on the sand-colored version because it shows off the fine detail better than its grey-and-green counterpart.

For now, here are some photos of the cover and the relevant sheets.

Kind regards,

Adam

Goroda-san has attached these images (downsized versions):
ju87.jpg IMG_2698.jpg
IMG_2699.jpg IMG_2700.jpg
IMG_2701.jpg IMG_2702.jpg

Soon to be abandoned: Ju-87 R2 Stuka - KW - 1:33

Abandoned: Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden-kai - Halinski - 1:33 , HMS Abdiel - Answer - 1:200
15.03.2012 15:45 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Kartonist

Thread Starter Thread Started by Goroda-san
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The laser-cut frames:

IMG_2704.jpg IMG_2705.jpg

Abandoned: Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden-kai - Halinski - 1:33 , HMS Abdiel - Answer - 1:200
15.03.2012 15:48 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Henni Henni is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 19.05.2010
Herkunft: Rheinland

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good luck Adam!! Augen rollen

Aktuell:
-

Pausiert:
- Modelik F/A-18F Super Hornet

Fertig:
guckst Du hier
15.03.2012 15:55 Send an Email to Henni Search for Posts by Henni Add Henni to your Buddy List Germany
Mainpirat Mainpirat is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 08.08.2009
Herkunft: Wegberg

Hello Adam.
i wish you a successful and joyful build.
Regards
Mainpirat

Meine Untaten
15.03.2012 19:37 Send an Email to Mainpirat Search for Posts by Mainpirat Add Mainpirat to your Buddy List Germany
Gerd Gerd is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 17.08.2009
Herkunft: Kleinostheim am Main (By)

Hello Adam,
What a good choice! Two Thumbs
I have this kit too and it seems to have Halinski standard. As most features (colour, paintings and layout) of this kit are very similar to Halinski I wondered if somebody from Halinski's team made his own way with KW. Nevertheless it is a great kit and the price is much cheaper.
I understand your torture regarding the version to be built, both are looking absolutely fine. So I will chose green version.  Große grinsen
Greets
Gerd

meine misshandelten Werke
15.03.2012 19:51 Send an Email to Gerd Search for Posts by Gerd Add Gerd to your Buddy List Germany
Royaloakmin Royaloakmin is a male
TEAM

Registration Date: 30.12.2007
Herkunft: Windsor, ON Canada
: ADMINISTRATOR

Hi Adam, i promise not to tease about cylinders chuckle

It looks like a worthy build, one that is equal to your talents. Good luck. Thumb Thumb

(PS, I always have wanted to do a Stuka, so will especially enjoy this)

Halberstadt DII, GPM 1:33 scale

My works
15.03.2012 20:43 Send an Email to Royaloakmin Search for Posts by Royaloakmin Add Royaloakmin to your Buddy List United States
DIDIBUCH
unregistered

Hi Adam,

because I have this kit too, I will watch your progress closely.

Good luck.
Dieter
15.03.2012 20:43
airgoon airgoon is a male
Kartonist - Goldene Schere 2010

Registration Date: 18.07.2008
Herkunft: Toronto, ON, Kanada Selbstgekrönter Forengoon

This kit makes a very good impression.
I'm sure it will measure up to the expectations of the master builder smiley

Actually it does not look like a "cartoon" model at all, I think it looks quite realistic!

Greetings,
Norm

Versemmelte Werke unschuldig
=====================
Ärgern
15.03.2012 21:39 Send an Email to airgoon Search for Posts by airgoon Add airgoon to your Buddy List Canada
Volkmar Volkmar is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 12.08.2009
Herkunft: Hüttenberg, Hessen

Hi Adam, it's Ju-time...

I wish You a good hand, and all the best for this job...

Greetings
Volkmar

15.03.2012 21:52 Send an Email to Volkmar Search for Posts by Volkmar Add Volkmar to your Buddy List Germany
Kartonist

@Henni and Kurt: Thank you!

@Gerd: The kit is of a very good standard, you're right, and both color schemes are attractive. Someone on the Slovak forum solved the decision problem by working on both versions simultaneously. For me, that would mean purchasing four of these kits, so I had to go with one or the other.

@Fred: No cylinder heads and no engine cowl (but a complex nose assembly that could pose some problems), no wheel wells, and no landing gear struts to roll. What more could one ask for?

@Dieter: Nice to have you here!

@Norm: I think in order to qualify as a master builder, I should actually have to finish something. As for this "cartoon" model, it is certainly no Mickey-Mouse affair (and neither is Mr Kalinowski's P-39 for that matter).

@Volkmar: Thank you. I am pleased to be in your and Ricardo's company in the current Junkers-o-rama.

Kind regards,

Adam

15.03.2012 22:02 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
fred08 fred08 is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 26.09.2009
Herkunft: Herne

Hello Adam,

good luck with your new projekt Thumb

Markus

15.03.2012 22:56 Send an Email to fred08 Search for Posts by fred08 Add fred08 to your Buddy List Germany
Kartonist

Thank you, Fred. I am going to need it! smiley

Here is my progress so far, mostly just the cockpit frames and a couple of things added to the cockpit floor.

Achtung! The floor section under the pilot seat sits too low if installed without adding at least a layer of cardstock under the recommended 1 mm piece of cardboard.

The raised area between the pilot and the gunner will be where the radios will sit. For this assembly I added cardboard to the front and back and cut off the sides, instead of just folding it all up in one piece as specified. This made it easier to put on the curved "roof".

Kind regards and thanks for looking,

Adam

Cockpit II.jpg Cockpit I.jpg
Cockpit III.jpg

16.03.2012 10:09 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Klueni Klueni is a male
Bild des Jahres 2010, 2011

Registration Date: 05.08.2009
Herkunft: Beckum
:

Hei Adam,

I hope, this model is better to build than "Shiden-Kai". The first parts You've shown are lokkin' good!

lg.
Thomas

Vergammelte Werke
16.03.2012 10:36 Send an Email to Klueni Search for Posts by Klueni Add Klueni to your Buddy List Germany
marco1971 marco1971 is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 10.05.2011
Herkunft: Italien

Hello Adam,

I hope that this model will inspire a lot more to build than the "Shiden-Kai."

I wish you a nice 'good luck' Two Thumbs

Marco

P.s. this is my disaster stuka 1:100 did a year ago! chuckle

marco1971 has attached this image (reduced version):
img1803e.jpg

16.03.2012 13:10 Send an Email to marco1971 Search for Posts by marco1971 Add marco1971 to your Buddy List Italy

quote:
As for this "cartoon" model, it is certainly no Mickey-Mouse affair

Good one...!!! chuckle chuckle chuckle

=====================
Ärgern
16.03.2012 13:48 Send an Email to airgoon Search for Posts by airgoon Add airgoon to your Buddy List Canada
Ricleite Ricleite is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 15.09.2009

Hello Adam. I'll be in your thread, with pleasure smiley
This publisher is new to me. So, it will be twice as interesting.
The structure that links the fuselage to the wing looks much better than in the GPM kit! In that case, there was a single transverse frame Kopf kratzen
16.03.2012 14:54 Send an Email to Ricleite Search for Posts by Ricleite Add Ricleite to your Buddy List Portugal
Kartonist

@Thomas: Thank you. I hope so too.

@Marco: Thanks. If you aren't satisfied with your Stuka, why not make one in 1:400?  Große grinsen

@Norm: I'm glad you liked that.

@Ricardo: I can't imagine so little support for the wings! This model should have very stiff wing roots.

Kind regards,

Adam

16.03.2012 16:46 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Spitfire Spitfire is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 17.04.2011
Herkunft: Fernitz / Graz, Österreich

Hello Adam ,

oh what a nice bird Two Thumbs

have a good time , and nice greetings Hand

Kurt

16.03.2012 19:58 Send an Email to Spitfire Homepage of Spitfire Search for Posts by Spitfire Add Spitfire to your Buddy List Austria
HolgerS HolgerS is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 25.09.2011
Herkunft: Hannover

Stuka Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Konbanwa Goroda-san,

or should I say Goroda Sensei (would match better)
I already admired your last posting on the Nihongo War bird (Shiden kai).
So, I will watch this build with a certain expectation Kinlade
I'm very confident in your skills, so I'm looking forward again to see great cinema !!
Thumb

Regards, Holger
16.03.2012 20:17 Send an Email to HolgerS Search for Posts by HolgerS Add HolgerS to your Buddy List Germany
Kartonist

Hallo Kurt and Holger,

Nice to have the two of you here.

I hope my "Kino" won't go too far in the direction of a horror film or comedy.  Große grinsen

Kind regards,

Adam

17.03.2012 12:17 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Kartonist

Hallo all,

Some more fun with formers. Here is the nose section in its current state.

Adam

Nose I.jpg Nose II.jpg
Nose III.jpg

21.03.2012 11:06 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Kartonist

Hmmm, that's quite a mouth!!!
21.03.2012 14:28 Send an Email to Ricleite Search for Posts by Ricleite Add Ricleite to your Buddy List Portugal
Kartonist

Hi Ricardo,

Only two hours needed for that bit of dentistry... Augen rollen

Kind regards,

Adam

21.03.2012 18:59 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Kartonist

Hi all,

I have done a little more work on the cockpit assembly, adding some bits where the pilot's seat will go and attaching the thin longitudinal formers under the floor.

While the detail on the exterior of this model is excellent, much of the cockpit equipment, unfortunately, is done very primitively. Here are two examples of "improved" items: gas mask canister 66b and electrical box 70. There are many other things in the cockpit that will get this kind of treatment.

By the way, the information plate on the electrical box is a traditional 1:32 Luftwaffe cockpit placard decal applied to cardstock coated with Humbrol ClearFix and afterwards given a flat clear-coat. This was an experiment and it seems to have turned out well.

Adam

Cockpit IV.jpg Cockpit Equipment I.jpg
66b 70.jpg

22.03.2012 18:01 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
N8 FALKE N8 FALKE is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 03.12.2010
Herkunft: Stuttgart

Goroda-san,

because you have chosen you again a very interesting model. I wish you much success and above all fun.

Two Thumbs Two Thumbs

Kind regards
Ralf

Meine Werke
23.03.2012 07:11 Send an Email to N8 FALKE Search for Posts by N8 FALKE Add N8 FALKE to your Buddy List Germany
Gerd Gerd is a male
Kartonist

Hi Adam,
the first pictures are looking very promising.
Greets
Gerd

23.03.2012 07:53 Send an Email to Gerd Search for Posts by Gerd Add Gerd to your Buddy List Germany
Kartonist

Thank you, Ralf and Gerd.

As the kit seatbelts can also be included in the "primitive" category, I had a decision to make about what to install in their place.

Although the ready-painted Eduard photo-etch seatbelts I used on the Shiden-kai looked fairly decent, the paint did flake off at the bends as expected and it took a lot of fiddling to get them to lie naturally.

So, what's the alternative if you want realistic looking belts? Enter HGW, a Czech company that has come up with something ingenious: micro-fiber seatbelts complemented with photo-etched hardware! I opted for their Ju-88 set as this is going to be a somewhat fictitious cockpit anyway.

I have not finished them yet, but I can report that they must be cut out like paper, are paper-thin, almost look like paper, have extremely fine printing, are very hard to crease, and seem to be able to take a good deal of abuse. And if you have enough patience to thread the belts through the photo-etched stuff, you end up with something that looks fantastic.

Here are some photos of the belts in progress. They were made with a macro lens hand-held, so the depth of field was minimal and I had to focus on different items in each. Anyway, I think you will be able to see how nice they look and how nicely they go together.

Adam

Seatbelts I.jpg Seatbelts II.jpg
Seatbelts III.jpg Seatbelts IV.jpg
132065 scan.jpg

23.03.2012 21:59 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic

Once the pilots put these on, they can really say that they are a bit tied up at the moment... chuckle

ahem... unschuldig  Große grinsen

=====================
Ärgern
23.03.2012 23:24 Send an Email to airgoon Search for Posts by airgoon Add airgoon to your Buddy List Canada
TEAM

Cross-eyed, too. chuckle

Adam's level of work is outstanding. Du bist Groß Du bist Groß

My works
24.03.2012 14:40 Send an Email to Royaloakmin Search for Posts by Royaloakmin Add Royaloakmin to your Buddy List Canada
Kartonist

@Fred: Thank you for the compliment. I don't know about the pilots, but this modeler's aging, far-sighted eyes have certainly been crossing!

@Norm: Many were known to have buckled under the pressure!  Große grinsen

In all seriousness, these belts are not difficult to assemble, only time-consuming. If they were difficult, I wouldn't be able to do them!

Kind regards,

Adam

24.03.2012 18:52 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
DIDIBUCH
unregistered

Hi Adam,

very fine work on this seatbelts, they look fantastic Thumb

Best regards
Dieter
24.03.2012 19:30
Mainpirat Mainpirat is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 08.08.2009
Herkunft: Wegberg

Hello Adam,
icredible what kind of surplus parts is available. But they have to be assembled and you have done it in a perfect matter.
Regards
Mainpirat

Meine Untaten
24.03.2012 21:37 Send an Email to Mainpirat Search for Posts by Mainpirat Add Mainpirat to your Buddy List Germany
Kartonist

Thank you, Dieter and Kurt!

Yes, Kurt, there are some amazing things being done. As modelers we are truly spoiled.

I have finished the seat (without its mounting hardware) and added the completed seatbelts. You can see the kit belts in the scan below.

As I mentioned before, this will be a somewhat "fictitious" cockpit, and the seat is an example of why. It simply doesn't resemble a seat from any of the Stuka variants I have been able to find pictures of (see the illustration of what the Berta pilot should have been sitting in, I think). The kit seat calls for making two slots in the top of the seat and threading the belts through them, but I chose instead to just throw them over the top.

Adam

P.S. The seat itself was a challenge to make and I didn't do a very good job, hence the crescent-shaped patch to cover a gap created at the bottom of the backrest.

Seat and Seatbelts I.jpg Seat and Seatbelts II.jpg
43 44.jpg

Goroda-san has attached this image:
Seat Illustration.jpg

24.03.2012 22:08 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Speedsix Speedsix is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 19.08.2009
Herkunft: Kirchhain / Hessen

Adam,

you never fail to surprise me: From the cover of the KW-Stuka I guessed it would be another reprint of an old kit similar to those "Tri Krapki" russian kits of very doubtful quality. Still, this one looks like very much being state of the art.
Thanks for directing our attention to KW. I like their P-39, it looks very neat.

Shame about the dual pricing policy of Halinski though. I think you did the right thing.

Rergards, Martin

www.kartonist.de. Denn Kartonbau darf auch Spaß machen.
Old cardboard kits don´t die, they just lose their parts... unschuldig
Und immer schön dran denken: Jedes Modell ist nur die Vorübung für das nächste!
25.03.2012 01:34 Send an Email to Speedsix Search for Posts by Speedsix Add Speedsix to your Buddy List Germany
marco1971 marco1971 is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 10.05.2011
Herkunft: Italien

Hi Adam,

Very good work with the seat! Two Thumbs

Marco

25.03.2012 10:41 Send an Email to marco1971 Search for Posts by marco1971 Add marco1971 to your Buddy List Italy
Volkmar Volkmar is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 12.08.2009
Herkunft: Hüttenberg, Hessen

Well done Adam,
beautifol seat, show us that thing inside the plane...

Greetings
Volkmar

25.03.2012 11:59 Send an Email to Volkmar Search for Posts by Volkmar Add Volkmar to your Buddy List Germany
Kartonist

@Martin: The primitive cockpit equipment notwithstanding, the kit is super. I hope the designer will offer more aircraft in the future.

@Marco and Volkmar: Thank you! More to come this week, I hope. unschuldig

Kind regards,

Adam

25.03.2012 15:00 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
N8 FALKE N8 FALKE is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 03.12.2010
Herkunft: Stuttgart

Hi Adam,

good job,the seat looks great.
Two Thumbs Two Thumbs Two Thumbs

best regards

ralf

Meine Werke
25.03.2012 15:21 Send an Email to N8 FALKE Search for Posts by N8 FALKE Add N8 FALKE to your Buddy List Germany
Kartonist

Thank you, Ralf!

I have been working on the pilot seat's mounting hardware and have installed the seat in its rightful place. There is still some tubing underneath as well as an adjustment lever on the right side to add.

Behind the pilot's seat are some new pieces which are part of the assembly upon which the radios will be mounted.

All the way in the back of the cockpit is a receptacle for empty magazines. It is glued to the back cockpit former and will be glued to the floor as well only after the rest of the cockpit has been completed. After looking at a number of illustrations and models online, it seems that this receptacle was, in fact, a kind of bag hanging from a tubular frame, and not the included bin. Keine Ahnung

At any rate, the receptacle is a closed affair and you must cut out the gray-colored "opening" and paint the inside if you want more realism. I also chose to cut out the opening's rim from my second kit's "trash can" for a little more three-dimensionality. smiley

Adam

Cockpit VI.jpg Cockpit V.jpg
Cockpit VII.jpg 22.jpg

30.03.2012 16:19 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
TEAM

Its looking excellent, Adam. Sparschwein Bravo Bravo

My works
30.03.2012 16:24 Send an Email to Royaloakmin Search for Posts by Royaloakmin Add Royaloakmin to your Buddy List United States
Kartonist

Thanks, Fred!

Here is this weekend's progress, consisting of 1) the little cylinder just behind the window in the floor and 2) the gunner's seat.

After destroying the seat-basket piece from kit #1, I decided to cut the piece from kit #2 into five pieces to make cutting out the openings a much easier and neater proposition. I am not entirely pleased with the result, but it's better than the alternative: no basket at all. smiley

The gunner's seat will be officially finished only after I have done and added the seatbelts, which I hope will be soon. unschuldig

Adam

Cockpit VIII.jpg Cockpit IX.jpg

01.04.2012 22:35 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Joske
unregistered

Hoi Adam, verry, verry nice. Thumb
Gr. Jos.
02.04.2012 08:00
Kartonist

Thank you, Joske!

I have added the pilot seat's hardware.

The seat adjustment lever is specified at 0.4 mm in diameter with a handle from paper. I thought that this diameter was too small, so I went with 0.6 mm for the lever. Instead of paper I used 0.8 mm tubing for the handle.

Getting the right color to match the cockpit was a challenge, but I finally settled on a mixture of Gunze Aqueous Hobby Color numbers 416 (RLM 66) and 418 (RLM 78) with a dash of number 53 (neutral grey).

Kind regards,

Adam

Cockpit X.jpg Cockpit XI.jpg
Cockpit XII.jpg

04.04.2012 11:52 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Kartonist

Great looking, Adam! As usual smiley
The Stuka has a large canopy. So, this fine detail is very much worth the extra work.
04.04.2012 14:38 Send an Email to Ricleite Search for Posts by Ricleite Add Ricleite to your Buddy List Portugal
Kartonist

Thanks, Ricardo.

In the future I would appreciate it if you didn't mention the canopy!  Große grinsen

Kind regards,

Adam

04.04.2012 14:44 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic

CANOPY CANOPY CANOPY CANOPY CANOPY CANOPY CANOPY

chuckle chuckle chuckle

Duck and run,
Norm

=====================
Ärgern
05.04.2012 15:49 Send an Email to airgoon Search for Posts by airgoon Add airgoon to your Buddy List Canada
Kartonist

Augen rollen Augen rollen Augen rollen

05.04.2012 15:56 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Gerd Gerd is a male
Kartonist

Hello Adam,
I am joining Norm: CANOPY!!!!
The seats are wonderful.
Greets
Gerd

05.04.2012 19:07 Send an Email to Gerd Search for Posts by Gerd Add Gerd to your Buddy List Germany
Speedsix Speedsix is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 19.08.2009
Herkunft: Kirchhain / Hessen

LOL!!!
Come on, Adam: Everybody has a few weak spots in his modeling skills.
We just like you even more for that.

Regards, Martin

www.kartonist.de. Denn Kartonbau darf auch Spaß machen.
Old cardboard kits don´t die, they just lose their parts... unschuldig
Und immer schön dran denken: Jedes Modell ist nur die Vorübung für das nächste!
05.04.2012 19:44 Send an Email to Speedsix Search for Posts by Speedsix Add Speedsix to your Buddy List Germany
TEAM

Hi Adam, I hope the gunner's seat has a cushion. Poor guy. rotwerden

Looking great, as usual. Du bist Groß

My works
05.04.2012 19:53 Send an Email to Royaloakmin Search for Posts by Royaloakmin Add Royaloakmin to your Buddy List United States
Kartonist

@Fred: Thanks! In the attached photo you will see that the pilot and gunner sat on their parachutes (I think). Built-in hemorrhoid prevention! Hmm

@Gerd: Thank you! But this canopy thing seems to be Goon-tagious.

@Martin: I wish no one liked me.  Große grinsen

Kind regards,

Adam

Goroda-san has attached this image (reduced version):
Ju87-528f-s.jpg

05.04.2012 20:58 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic

quote:
I wish no one liked me.

If that's what you want you gotta try a lot harder...!!!

smiley

Later,
Norm

=====================
Ärgern
05.04.2012 21:06 Send an Email to airgoon Search for Posts by airgoon Add airgoon to your Buddy List Canada
Kartonist

Hi Norm,

I'm not sure how to take that!  Große grinsen

Kind regards,

Adam

06.04.2012 11:12 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Kartonist

Hi all,

A little progress has been made on the Stuka. unschuldig

From front to rear, the following items have been added: the window in the floor; the lines on either side of the cylinder behind the window; the little side-walls at floor level; and the gunner's seatbelts.

I am currently working on the rudder pedal assembly and the radios.

Adam

Cockpit XIII.jpg Cockpit XIV.jpg

11.04.2012 20:23 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Gerd Gerd is a male
Kartonist

Hello Adam,
Little progress but very nice pictures. I am impressed about your neat way of building your models.
Greets
Gerd

12.04.2012 08:03 Send an Email to Gerd Search for Posts by Gerd Add Gerd to your Buddy List Germany
Kartonist

Thank you very much, Gerd!

Here are the radios and rudder pedal assembly. They have both been "improved" with the use of photo-etched pieces, and the (primitive) radios got a decal each and were recessed within their boxes. I cut the paper toe-straps from my extra kit's pilot backrest and cut the buckles from a pair of photo-etched straps.

Adam

Radios.jpg Cockpit Equipment II.jpg

Goroda-san has attached this image:
Pedals.jpg

12.04.2012 18:44 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic

quote:
I'm not sure how to take that!

You're too nice, that's what I'm saying...!

"You have to try a lot harder" is an english expression that means in this case if you want us not to like you, you have to be a lot nastier than you really are. smiley

Kind regards,
Norm

=====================
Ärgern
12.04.2012 19:05 Send an Email to airgoon Search for Posts by airgoon Add airgoon to your Buddy List Canada
Kartonist

Hi Norm,

Alles ist klar, danke.  Große grinsen

Kind regards,

Adam

12.04.2012 19:19 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
Kartonist

Hi again, all.

I neglected to mention that the rudder pedals used in the earlier Stuka models were the ones pictured below and not the ones in the kit.

I opted to use the photo-etched counterparts to the kit pedals as I could not find the old Eduard set for the B variant and I didn't want to scratch-build my own. rotwerden

Kind regards,

Adam

Goroda-san has attached this image (reduced version):
 1-Ju-87-Stuka-cockpit-section-front-inst
rument-panel-for-B2-and-R2-01.jpg

12.04.2012 19:33 Send an Email to Goroda-san Search for Posts by Goroda-san Add Goroda-san to your Buddy List Czech Republic
TEAM

It IS impressive, Adam! Like money in the bank Sparschwein

Bravo Bravo

My works
12.04.2012 19:42 Send an Email to Royaloakmin Search for Posts by Royaloakmin Add Royaloakmin to your Buddy List United States
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Kartonist.de » Luftfahrt » Bauberichte- Luftfahrt » Ju-87 R2 Stuka - KW - 1:33 : Goroda-san Flies (or Tries) Again

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6 pl2, Developed by WoltLab GmbH