Kartonist.de
Register Calendar Search Frequently Asked Questions

Kartonist.de » Fahrzeuge » Abgeschlossene Bauberichte » Pantherturm - from drawings to paper model » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pantherturm - from drawings to paper model
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mrafalsk
unregistered
Fertige Bauberichte Pantherturm - from drawings to paper model Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello,
I would like to propose different report than usually. The subject of this report is how the model is designed and how it is build. I have some free time and between making Type 94 tank I designing new models. One of them is Pantherturm I and I would like to show how transform drawings through 3D (three dimension) model, paper parts to "real" paper model.
I choose Pantherturm because nobody made it so far, it is unusual and I want to get more experience as model designer.

OK, what is Pantherturm. Panther turrets, from battle damaged and retired vehicles along with specially manufactured ones, were also mounted in fixed fortifications by German army. Turrets (mechanically traverseable) were mounted on welded steel boxes (Pantherturm I - Stahluntersatz - steel sub-base), which housed the ammunition storage and fighting compartment along with crew quarters. Such emplacements were located in fortifications of Atlantic Wall, West Wall, Gothic Line, Hitler Line (one of those was located at Piedimonte in Monte Cassino area) and in the East (approx. 12 in Berlin). Total of 268(280) turrets were installed as of March 26th of 1945.

I took drawings from Panther vol.6 book released by AJ PRESS http://aj-press.home.pl/tp6.htm and I imported it to 3D CAD program Rhinoceros. I changed scale of the drawings to 1:25 and set it for each view. As the first I draw steel box because it is simplest part of this project. I got the following box:

Next I started drawing the turret. It will required more attention. I started with basic shape and then hatches.

The following picture shows all what I did so far:

Next time I'll show the gun.

When whole 3D model will be ready I'll start to create parts for this model.

I would like to ask for your opinion if you would like to see this part of model building. Any comments are welcome.

Michal
03.07.2008 21:55
Christoph Christoph is a male
T E A M

Registration Date: 23.07.2005
Herkunft: Aachen
: FORUM BETREIBER

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hallo Michal,
Sehr interessantes Projekt !
Ich wusste gar nicht das so was gab. Ich setze schon in der erste Reihe!

Viel Erfolg !

Viele Grüße Gib mir Fünf
Christoph

Witaj Michal,
Bardzo interesujacy Projekt!
Nie wiedzialem ze cos takiego bylo. Zajalem juz na widowni miejsce w pierwszym rzedzie!
Powodzenia!
z pozdrowieniami Gib mir Fünf
Christoph

Ein bisschen Freundschaft ist mir mehr wert als die Bewunderung der ganzen Welt (Otto von Bismarck)
Meine Werke

Facebook
03.07.2008 22:27 Send an Email to Christoph Homepage of Christoph Search for Posts by Christoph Add Christoph to your Buddy List Germany
LeBaron
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Michal,

I never heard anything about these turrets, that`s why I´m deeply interested in your projekt. I take place besides Christoph and looking foward..

Regards
Micha
05.07.2008 23:49
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hello,

I finished drawing the turret during this weekend. It has already all elements like hutches, handles and other details. Most difficult was to draw the barrel elements from front of the turret (I don't know right English words describing these parts).

So, I think the fist step of this project is done. Pantherturm I is ready in 3D. This evening I'm going to start to draw parts.

Michal
07.07.2008 14:21
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hello,

Please find below final pictures of my project:

So, this part of the project is finally finished.

Michal
08.07.2008 00:08
Markus Gruber Markus Gruber is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 04.03.2008
Herkunft: Innsbruck, Tirol, Österreich

about "pantherturm"

http://forum.panzer-archiv.de/viewtopic....der=asc&start=0

08.07.2008 09:57 Send an Email to Markus Gruber Search for Posts by Markus Gruber Add Markus Gruber to your Buddy List Add Markus Gruber to your Contact List Austria
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hello,
I made next step. All parts of this model are ready and wait for test assembling. Also, I want to add colors and textures for the elements. All of them will fill in 8 A4 pages (6x 160g paper and 2x copy paper). The first draft of the elements you can check in attached file (the parts are not in the same scale and some small parts are still missing).
Michal
P.S. Many thanks Markus for the link.

Attachment:
unknown PT_parts.pdf (110.07 KB, 294 downloads)
17.07.2008 14:14
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hello,
I would like to back this topic after long, long break. Holiday season left and I hope I will not have more business trips in near futures and I can back to this model.
At the moment almost all parts got colors. I printed out them today and starting from today I'm going to make the model. To show you what color schema I used I attached one page with a few parts http://www.4shared.com/file/62719717/df577e3e/PT_01.html .
I think I'll show first pictures of the model in next days.

Michal
12.09.2008 15:02
Marco Marco is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 13.06.2006
Herkunft: Tirol/Außerfern, nun Wahl-Germane in Eisenberg

Hello Michal!

Great! Thumb Looking forward to new pictures!

Regards!
Marco

Kartonistenrentner, Schere, Skalpell und Kleber hängen momentan am berühmten Nagel.

www.alpenlandkunst.de
12.09.2008 17:36 Send an Email to Marco Homepage of Marco Search for Posts by Marco Add Marco to your Buddy List Austria
T E A M

Hallo Michal,

Du zeigst uns eine sehr schöne und professionelle Konstruktion Arbeit!
Einfach Klasse! Two Thumbs
Viele Grüße
Christoph

Pokazujesz nam piekna i professionalnie wykonywana prace konstrukcyjna
poprostu wspaniale ! Two Thumbs
z pozdrowieniami
Christoph

Ein bisschen Freundschaft ist mir mehr wert als die Bewunderung der ganzen Welt (Otto von Bismarck)
Meine Werke

Facebook
12.09.2008 22:42 Send an Email to Christoph Homepage of Christoph Search for Posts by Christoph Add Christoph to your Buddy List Germany
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hello,
Finally I cut first Pantherturm's parts last Saturday. I started from bunker. It is simple element, just a box so there is not too much to show. Because each wall I glued on 1mm cardboard the bunker becomes heavy.

Now, when main elements of the bunker are ready it is time for details like hatches, handles and top concrete plate. All of these I should make today what I'll show next time.
Michal
16.09.2008 10:45
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hello,

It is time for next update for my project. The bunker got some new elements like hatches, handles and top concrete plate and it is almost ready. I'll use mat colorless varnish later on to protect it.

I started to build the turret already and I'll show a few pictures tomorrow.

Michal
18.09.2008 12:16
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hello,
I cut most of turret's parts yesterday and I marked their edges with appropriate colors. The main elements of the turret I glued together last night and I having basic structure turret. Because I have ready to use most of rest parts today it is small chance that I'll finish the turret.

Michal
19.09.2008 12:08
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hi,
Please find below a few picture with new turret's elements.

Next I glue them to the turret.

And bunker with turret looks now as follow:

Michal
19.09.2008 22:41
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hello,
It's time for next update. Please find below pictures of turret with some new details.

The gun mantlet is ready:

I made also the barrel and the silencer. I have to only connect them together:

Because all elements of the model are ready I think I should finalize the project this week.
Michal
16.10.2008 13:08
Krzychu74 Krzychu74 is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 20.06.2008
Herkunft: Klodzko (Glatz)

Witam!
Swietna robota! Czekam na dalszy ciag relacji.

Pozdrawiam.

Hello!
Excellent work! I wait for next parts of report.

Best regards
Krzychu75
16.10.2008 16:42 Send an Email to Krzychu74 Homepage of Krzychu74 Search for Posts by Krzychu74 Add Krzychu74 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Krzychu74 Poland
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hi,

The model is finished. Two missing parts and all ready elements I glue together and I got something like below:

It took a lot of time to finish this model but I wasn't able to work on it every day. I hope you find something interesting in my build log. I hope I'll show you new project soon.

Michal
21.10.2008 23:12
T E A M

Hallo Michal,
Gratulliere ! ein wirklich super gebautes Modell ! Two Thumbs

Mit den besten Grüßen Gib mir Fünf
christoph

Witaj Michal,
Gratuluje ! Naprawde swietnie zbudowany model ! Two Thumbs
z najlepszymi pozdrowieniami Gib mir Fünf
Christoph

Meine Werke

Facebook
21.10.2008 23:32 Send an Email to Christoph Homepage of Christoph Search for Posts by Christoph Add Christoph to your Buddy List Germany
Marco Marco is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 13.06.2006
Herkunft: Tirol/Außerfern, nun Wahl-Germane in Eisenberg

Hello Michal!

Looks great! Clap Clap

Looking forward to your new project!

Best regards!
Marco

Kartonistenrentner, Schere, Skalpell und Kleber hängen momentan am berühmten Nagel.

www.alpenlandkunst.de
22.10.2008 13:16 Send an Email to Marco Homepage of Marco Search for Posts by Marco Add Marco to your Buddy List Austria
chapuzas100 chapuzas100 is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 09.01.2008

It is a truly original, never seen another like this.

My congratulations
31.01.2009 13:05 Send an Email to chapuzas100 Search for Posts by chapuzas100 Add chapuzas100 to your Buddy List Spain
airgoon airgoon is a male
Kartonist - Goldene Schere 2010

Registration Date: 18.07.2008
Herkunft: Toronto, ON, Kanada Selbstgekrönter Forengoon

Hallo Michal,

mir geht es wie vielen anderen, ich wusste nicht dass es sowas ueberhaupt gibt. Habe wieder was neues gelernt, vielen Dank!
Hast Du uebrigens auch prima hingekriegt! Clap

Gruesse,
Norm

Witaj Michal,

Ja tak samo jak wielu innych, nie wiedzialem ze cos takiego istnialo. znowu sie czegos dowiedzialem i nauczylem za co bardzo Ci dziekuje
Apropo Modelu, swietnie go zbudowales

z pozdrowieniami
Norm

Versemmelte Werke unschuldig
=====================
Ärgern
03.02.2009 15:12 Send an Email to airgoon Search for Posts by airgoon Add airgoon to your Buddy List Canada
mrafalsk
unregistered

Hi,

Thanks for nice feedback.

Pantherturm model is free to download now. See here: http://www.kartonist.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=2087

Michal
05.02.2009 11:33
Dragos Dragos is a male
Kartonist

Registration Date: 09.12.2007
Herkunft: Romania

Wunderbar , viel dank!

Wonderful , thank you!

05.02.2009 19:01 Send an Email to Dragos Search for Posts by Dragos Add Dragos to your Buddy List Romania
JIM BAUMANN JIM BAUMANN is a male
T E A M

Registration Date: 19.08.2005
Herkunft: Southampton GrossBrittanien
: ADMINISTRATOR

Sehr interessant!!!

habe was aenliches gesehn in Guernsey--kanal inslen - gehoeren England.

Wurde im WW2 von der Deutschen Wehrmacht bestzt und in eine festung verwandelt! ( teil des Atklantik Walls)

Anbei ein bild des Panzer turms mit MG eingebuat im boden , personal schacht ist drunter im boden versenkt

tschuess

Jim Baumann

Bardzo interesujace !

Cos podobnego widzialem na wyspie Guernsey - nalezy do Anglii.
Wyspa ta byla w czasie II wojny swiatowej zajeta przez niemiecki Wermacht i przeksztalcona na fortyfikacje walu atlantyckiego.
Na zdjeciu wieza czolgu z zabudowanym karabinem maszynowym , reszta konstrukcji jest zakopana w ziemi.

pozdrawiam
Jim Baumann

JIM BAUMANN has attached this image (reduced version):
17 august 2008 149.jpg

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/users/jim-baumann/jb-index.html
06.02.2009 19:56 Send an Email to JIM BAUMANN Homepage of JIM BAUMANN Search for Posts by JIM BAUMANN Add JIM BAUMANN to your Buddy List United Kingdom
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Kartonist.de » Fahrzeuge » Abgeschlossene Bauberichte » Pantherturm - from drawings to paper model

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6 pl2, Developed by WoltLab GmbH